Drama Club Mass Meeting – October 12, 2000
- President Jen Nelson opened the meeting at 4:02 pm.
- Changes have been made to the constitution. Most of
them take into account the separation of the Director/Advisor job into two
separate positions. The other changes are grammatical and stylistic changes.
Everyone that has 6 Drama Club points will be asked to vote on the changes.
The DC point system was explained. Jen will send the information for voting
out via email.
- "Rent" the musical is coming to town. There
was a discussion about taking a drama club group to it and trying to get a
group rate on tickets. Anyone interested in going should talk to Craig
- Craig will send out an email when he figures out the
- There has been a change of executive council officers.
Matt Orstad has resigned from the Publicity Manager position, and Stephanie
Watkins has taken over.
- A poster is needed for the fall play. It is needed by
- The Shack-A-Thon people said that they reuse the
plywood each year, so we couldn’t make a deal with them.
- We have not gotten a hold of the Alcohol Awareness Week
committee, so we will not be involved in their activities.
- We are still looking for a director for next semester.
We need to start a play reading committee to start reading through scripts
so we can give our ideas to the director candidates. Keri Bachmeier will
head the play reading committee.
- Student directed one-acts will occur very quickly next
semester. We need to know who will be directing by Dec. 16. Auditions will
be Jan 11 and 12 and the show will be Feb. 9 and 10. There will only be four
weeks of rehearsal this year because we are back to the full schedule (full
production in the fall and one acts and full production in the spring).
- Elections for Drama Club Executive Council will occur
before Dec. 16. Each member of the current council will write up a job
description to aid in elections and in passing on the job to the new
- The casting of the "dead body" in the play
was announced. Dean Mahon will play the part of Edna Worthington-Smythe, the
- The office cleanup was successful. Everyone has praised
the job done on the display case. The next task will be organizing the
costumes and the construction box.
- The meeting was adjourned at 4:35 pm.